Posted on March 31, 2015 by Abba Storage
A storage unit can be a handy space to have, however having to rummage through a unit full of stuff just to locate one item, can be a very frustrating experience. There are storage organization tips that can help you get your storage unit organized so that the next time you are looking for that one important item, you will know exactly where to find it.
- Label It– You may feel that labeling everything is time consuming, but so is searching and searching through a room full of boxes. Labeling is the first key to successful storage organization. Grab your marker and a pack of labels and write down what is in each box as you pack it.
- Make a List – The easiest way to keep a list or inventory of what is in your storage unit is to take photos. You can take photos of everything going in, and then keep it organized either in a binder or on your computer hard drive. Then when you are looking for something you just need to consult the list.
- Up Front– The things you need regular access to should be placed in the front of your storage shed. This storage organization tip may be one of the most important. There is nothing worse than having to unload everything to reach that one thing you need the most.
- Smallest to Largest– When it comes to packing your storage unit it is best to place the largest items at the back and the smallest items at the front.
- Plastic Containers Are Your Friend– Plastic buckets or containers, with lids, are very useful when it comes to storing smaller items. The plastic can protect your items from mold or mildew better than a cardboard box ever will.
- Ventilation– It is important to remember that your valuable possessions need a little room to breathe. Be sure to leave space between the walls and your items when you place them in storage.
- Room to Move– You are going to need to be able to get to all of your possessions at one time or another so creating space to move is important. You can do this by creating a walkway or several aisles, depending on the size of your storage unit.
Taking the time when moving into your storage unit to come up with a storage organization plan can save you a lot of time in the long run.
Contact Us Today and Put These Storage Organization Tips to Work
If you are in the need of secure storage space to put these seven storage organization tips into practice, contact us today at ABBA Storage at 925-969-9222. We offer a wide range of secure storage choices for all of your off-site storage needs in the Concord, CA area.