Posted on February 9, 2016 by Abba Storage
If you are moving on to retirement and your next phase in life you may be wondering what to do next. Maybe you want to travel or perhaps you would just like a smaller house to look after, or maybe you want a larger item such as a boat or RV but you are wondering just where you would store them. Using self storage to downsize can be a great tool to help you get the type of retirement life you have always dreamed of.
Here are some other ways you can use self storage to downsize:
- Store your whole house of belongings while you take to the roads or sky to travel.
- Keep family heirlooms and other precious belongings safe and secure while downsizing to a smaller home.
- Store your RV or boat without having to have a large property to keep them on.
- Downsize your closet space without getting rid of all of your clothes by storing off-season clothes in self-storage.
- Store books, craft supplies or your old vinyl records, so that you still have easy access but they are not cluttering up your home.
When we downsize it gives us more freedom to do the things we have always wanted to do without the expense or emotional toll of just throwing everything away. You can even visit your storage unit periodically and slowly purge items you no longer need.
Self storage is a great solution, you can choose a month to month plan that is much cheaper per square foot than leasing a home or purchasing a larger home. If you are looking to use self storage to downsize, contact the storage experts at Abba Storage. We offer a range of different storage unit sizes so that you can find a clean, secure space that suits your needs.